Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Coping with loss

My pet Girl (thats her name) passed away today *cry. im having trouble coping with the loss. So im reaching out to the community for help.
    How do you cope when a pet dies? What do you do to get by? To feel better? And to mourn?

Thanks
    Thanks
    151 Rec'd/139 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Re: Coping with loss

Everyone is different, there is no right or wrong way to mourn. Back in October when my Pooper passed, nothing helped. Nothing could fix it, and that continues to this day. I put pictures of him up, and I remember him the best way I can. I have a lot of great memories of him and they bring me a lot of joy, but there is still a great deal of tears and sadness. Although I know he wouldn't want me to be that way, his loss hurt me very very deeply and I have difficulty with it every day.

You may not have the same reaction. After a few weeks the pain may subside and you move on with your life, pausing for happy memories here and there.

We're all different. Just do what you can and remember that it's ok to grieve.

Thanks
    Thanks
    17 Rec'd/16 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Re: Coping with loss

Mourning is a difficult thing, pain will always remain. But here's something I did to help ease the pain, and ease the pain to this day.

Not long ago I had a rabbit that passed away. I buried her and planted Gaillardias that always returns. When I go to my garden, I feel like she's always there and with me. It brings me comfort and eases the pain. Try planting her bedding or something she loved.

User Tag List