Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia New Cage Idea NOT C&C

• Thread starter GuineaPigAussie
  • Start date

GuineaPigAussie

Cavy Slave
Hi, Just thought I'd share what I'm putting together because I'm over dealing with C&C. I'm over corflute getting poop in the edges or it breaking along the seams. the only corflute I can get is too thin for the large length plus gets too expensive. No wood cause I'm over wood getting stinky from pee, although its cheap it gets heavy & bulky too. I am designing the floor removable for making it covert into a run outside. So their inside cage is also their run. It will be light and washable and weatherproof. So far seems like an easy assemble cage.

I got 2 of the Ikea Hyllis Metal shelves ($9.95), the Bunnings whites coated wire with bar spacing of 12mm-x-12mm ($36.08 for 5 meters). And I'm opting for budget sheet vinyl for the flooring ($15.50 for 1 x 1.83meters).

so far For two cages with cat proof lids its going to be: TOTAL = $71.90
2 ikea hyllis shelves 9.95x 2= 19.90
Whites wire roll 5 meters=36.5
1 meter cut down middle Lino = 15.50

The gaps between the shelves I am putting in scrap wood and I have some perspex from previous cages and home DIYs I'm going to add.

GuineaPigAussie

Cavy Slave
two cages at $35 for each cage for 120 x 60 cm floor space each. :) Pretty budget to me

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.