Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water Water bottle types

Stefbjjnev

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. I'm new here but I was hoping to get some suggestions on water bottles that sit on the outside of the cage. My c and c cage is getting a lid added to it because of my new roommate's cat (she won't be in the room with the piggies unless supervised but we wanted to be safe when the door was open.) I need a water bottle that is easy to clean without a dishwasher (I have a bottle wand) and one that can at least have the o ring taken out for cleaning my last bottle has been building gross stuff up in the o ring and spout so the boy's are on bowl water right now. They don't really like that because stuff gets in it. Any suggestions would be great. I'm Canadian we have some different stores a photo I could bring into a pet store would be great.

Happy Cavy

Cavy Slave
Hi @Stefbjjnev welcome to the forum. That's an excellent question. so I researched it.

It's not a good idea to wash any pets food/water bowels or bottles in the dishwasher since soap residue can be left over. Always use hot water and a brush bottle no soap. I wash my water bottle once a week when I wash Hunters cage.

I use this water bottle which is fantastic: https://www.amazon.com/Choco-Nose-H...1494036905&sr=1-18&keywords=cage+water+bottle

I'm not sure about the O ring (if its removable) I usually scrub their with a unused toothbrush.

I hope this helps!

Stefbjjnev

Cavy Slave
Hi @Stefbjjnev welcome to the forum. That's an excellent question. so I researched it.

It's not a good idea to wash any pets food/water bowels or bottles in the dishwasher since soap residue can be left over. Always use hot water and a brush bottle no soap. I wash my water bottle once a week when I wash Hunters cage.

I use this water bottle which is fantastic: https://www.amazon.com/Choco-Nose-H...1494036905&sr=1-18&keywords=cage+water+bottle

I'm not sure about the O ring (if its removable) I usually scrub their with a unused toothbrush.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for the research :) I went out and got a bottle that has the same style of spout and sits perfectly in the cage. It comes completely apart. Which is a huge benefit to washing. My wand fits in it as well. Also to clarify I used to double wash the first time once through the dishwasher without soap (the water gets hotter) and then hand wash with soap) but I'm not going to have a dishwasher much longer so I need to be able to clean it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.