Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Bonding Older Piggy to Younger Piggy

chritsma

Cavy Slave
Hello! So, I am officially taking in a five year old piggy from her old home to introduce to mine. I also happen to have a baby Piggy from a local breeder (very good to his piggies, I only buy from him for any pet) coming in a few months after when she is ready to be separated from her mother. I was wondering how I would introduce the two to bond.
The older piggy used to have a cage mate that she absolutely adored. The other piggy happened to pass away this past year and a half, and she has been very lonely since.
The younger one had been around her brothers and sisters all her life, so she is used to being around others. She also got along with her siblings fondly.
I guess my question now is how should I expect for them to interact? One has been alone for the past two years, and the other is only now being moved from their family. They will both be introduced to a different C&C cage that neither of them had ever been in by the time they are introduced, as to avoid territorial issues. I know I should be cautious bonding two piggies, but I am not sure how to go about it.
Any advice is appreciated ! ☺️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.