Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet What vegetable and how often? need help.

Willmunny

Cavy Slave
So I finally have my two new family members! Two male pigs called Bert & Ernie who are around 111-12 weeks old.

I got them a pellet mix, Burgess Excel but I know vegetables are an important part of the diet too.

I bought Lettuce (not romaine couldn't find any, but not iceberg either) green/red/yellow bell peppers, carrots, parsley, kale and some baby tomatoes.

My question is how much should I give and what is safe to give everyday and what should I use sparingly? and should I leave the pellets in when its time to give the veggies?

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Bell peppers daily. I think carrots and kale are in tge 2 to 3 times per week list. Not sure about kale. My vet said kolrhabi (sp?) is an excellent leafy green for them.

Happy Cavy

Cavy Slave
I use this website that tells me the different veggies and fruits that can be fed. How many times per-week and possible side effects: https://www.happycavy.com/what-can-guinea-pigs-eat/

It's color coded. I know peppers, and lettuce are important. But check out the list, there's many more that are important too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.