Thread: Introduction to my piggies: Noodle, Frisk, and Marius!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Introduction to my piggies: Noodle, Frisk, and Marius!

(All of these pictures were taken in their outdoor pen, which is about 5x4 - sorry about the bars in the background!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3516.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	82266
    Noodle! This was my first piggie, and I love her to bits. She was given back to the pet store by a previous owner, and was very shy and nervous: this was a big part of what drove me to take her in. It broke my heart that anyone would give up such a beautiful, sweet animal. Within a week of having taken her home and working with her to get her used to me, she became much more energetic and active; she was climbing around, purring when I held her, and came to greet me when I opened the door to my room. A little less than a month later, I noticed that she was putting on weight--this was before I had a scale, mind you, so this was going by looks. Now, I'm a bit oblivious, but it was pretty clear; and it turned out after a trip to the vet that she was pregnant. I was understandably a bit panicky about it. I'd owned rabbits before, one of which was pregnant - and I knew how hard it could be, and how much could go wrong for small animals. Luckily, everything went great; she bounced right back, is an excellent mother, and is healthy and talkative as ever!

Name:	IMG_3530.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	82267
    Frisk! Frisk was the only female of Noodle's four pups, and the smallest of them. She was very skittish at first, but quickly became attached to me and can't stand when I pay attention to her brother instead of her. She's friendly and loves to be carried around or held under your chin. She's very energetic and isn't afraid to explore and climb (especially up shirts and jackets, unfortunately for me), and she loves her mama to bits. They's very close, and almost always together! Most likely to steal your heart (and food from her mother).

Name:	IMG_3549.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	82268
    Marius! He got his name from two factors - how sweet he is, and how clumsy he is. Within one hour of being born, he kept trying to climb over his brothers and sister (and the log and food bowl) and tumbling off. Don't worry, he's much less of a klutz now; he's got a better handle on what he can and can't make his way over. He's probably the loudest of the piggies, and likes to yell at me when I make the slightest noise in the middle of the night (read: I sneeze, he wheeks, then so do the others). Very fond of climbing into sleeves if he's given the opportunity. Notorious pencil thief. Starts riots at 3 am almost nightly.

Thanks
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/25 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Re: Introduction to my piggies: Noodle, Frisk, and Marius!

oh my gosh they are so cute! and I love your descriptions of their personalities!!

Thanks
    Thanks
    14 Rec'd/13 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Welcome aboard fellow east coast cavys. You are all so cute. And mama, isn't it fun having the family members together? Very sweet!

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,603 Rec'd/1,315 Posts
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

Great description of and introduction to your cavies! Did you find homes for the other siblings?

Thanks
    Thanks
    84 Rec'd/76 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

I too am curious as to where the other siblings went. Also, are you planning on getting Marius neutered so he can continue living with his mom and sister? They are so cute! Like I say to almost every member who posts pictures of their adorable cavies, I'm so jealous!!! You are very lucky to have them. They all sound so sweet Love their beautiful coats as well.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One went to my younger sister (who lives in the same house as I), and one went to one of my best friends, who has a lot of experience with guinea pigs and small animals!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm hoping I can! There is only one vet within an hour of me that deals with guinea pigs, and they are incredibly expensive; hopefully I will be able to save up money for it, but as of now, our solution is to let him and his brother live together.

User Tag List