Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

the things we do for our pigs...

BeckieL

Cavy Slave
I'm still a very new guinea pig owner, and I only got one because my daughter was persistent in asking for a little friend for about a year.

fast forward about 5 weeks...I'm the primary pig caretaker and I think of him as mine!

the other day I was visiting him in the morning as the kids were getting ready for school and I started singing a stupid song..."good morning to you (pig-pig), good morning to you (pig-pig). good morning dear pig-pig, good morning to you (pig-pig)." to the tune of happy birthday. 10 seconds after my song I hear my husband from the kitchen say "you never sing good morning songs to ME!". lol!

and this past weekend I was sewing one of those fleece pig igloos using a pattern I bought on etsy. I was quilting the batting to the outer fabric when I accidentally fed my FINGER under the presser foot! I sewed right through my finger and managed to break the needle off. I had to find my husband and ask him to use pliers to pull it out of my finger! lol. Now I'm thinking I might just crochet a nice tunnel instead, lol. anyone have a pattern for that? :crazy:

Tam Piggy love

Cavy Slave
You aren't the only one who finds themselves doing crazy things for your piggies! I have heard my husband singing to ours, and I catch myself talking to them all the time! And I have caught myself wondering if they are bored, and what can I do? Or make for them to make their day more fun or interesting? I have come to the conclusion tat it is easy to get attached to them!

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Oh man! My mom sewed through her finger once. Then on imstinct yanked her hand out shaking it. Needless to say oir kitcjen looked like a scene from "Texas Chain Saw Massacre". LOL

She ended up need ing as titches but it healed fast.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.