Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Split lump on guinea pig lower belly?!

carlyrosado

Cavy Gazer
I was bathing my guinea pig 2 days ago and I noticed a very red, split bump on the left side of his lower belly, right above his nipple. It doesn't seem to bother him, He is still eating/drinking and playful, guineapiglump.jpg he doesn't squeal or seem uncomfortable when I touch it or move it around, but I am extremely concerned. I don't know if I will be able to get him to a vet, right now money is extremely tight for me. Does anyone know if this is something I can treat from home? (I have attached a picture)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't think it can be treated at home adequately. It looks like something that will need to be removed by a vet.

That said, if it's not growing rapidly and isn't bleeding or oozing, it's probably not an emergency. However, if it starts any of those things, then do get him in right away.

Maybe you can use the next few days to figure out how to pay for the vet bill. It shouldn't be a terribly expensive procedure to remove it, but costs vary widely across the country.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.