Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Need Advice On Taking Professional Photos With Guinea Pig

brinjuju

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Bri'ona and I am a senior in high school. As many of you may know, senior pictures are a part of senior year. I do plan on having professional photos taken, and outside for natural lighting. My guinea pig, Juju, is my first real pet. She means a lot to me. She is young, playful, and such a smart baby. I wanted to incorporate her into my senior pictures, the same way that many people do with their dogs. So as I said before, I do want my pictures to be outside. I live in Chicago, the temperture can range between 36 and 63 degrees in April. So my question is, will it be too cold for her to be outside? I just want to know, so that if she'd be too cold, I can maybe try to plan for a little inside time.
Thank you! I appreciate all answers back.
Two other things I'd like to know:
1. let me know how you think she would do with flash from the camera!
2. Any tips for getting her to stay pretty still for the pictures would be helpful.

***BTW: I know, one guinea pig is lonely for her. I do play with her constantly. I am looking for another friend for her though, so please do not bombard this thread with scolding replies about how miserable she is. I take very good care of her and make sure to give plenty of attention, in fact, she is pretty spoiled.

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
My girls don't really mind the camera flash but after a few flashes they will start to try not to look in the camera's direction. That being said my girls are kind of used to being photographed.
You want to make sure that she is in an environment that is at least 50°F, so if it is cold you were probably going to want to photograph her inside.
My biggest and best advice is to not give her treats before you start taking pictures of her. Don't wrinkle the bag, don't do anything like that or else she will want to go and find the treats instead of sitting and being pretty for you. Good luck!

brinjuju

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! Cute piggies!lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.