Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior New piggie issues

emma7142001

Cavy Gazer
I just got two new pigs yesterday and one makes this clicking noise every once in a while. its not teeth chattering or anything its a click and i haven't been able to find anything on it does anyone one know what this might be? and i have never heard it in any of my any other pigs.

dirah93

Cavy Slave
Where did you get the guinea pigs from, a pet store or a rescue/shelter? Do you hear a clicking noise when your pig is breathing? Do you see any discharge coming from his nose or eyes? Is he eating and drinking normal? Are his poops normal? The clicking noises you're describing might possibly be a URI, which is fatal, but we will need more information from you.

Please read this page for more information: https://www.guinealynx.info/uri.html

emma7142001

Cavy Gazer
he does not have another symptoms besides the clicking, other wise he seems very healthy, I had got him from a family that could no longer take care of him, and he is just 5 months old, is it something younger pigs do?

dirah93

Cavy Slave
Clicking noises is not normal in guinea pigs at all. In that case, if everything else seems normal, I would just keep a close eye on him. If new symptoms arises and/or he stops eating/eats less, you'll want to take him to the vet as soon as you can. You will also start hand feeding him if he stops eating. Please read here to learn more about it: https://www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.