Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage attachable loft ideas

GPmom2016

Cavy Gazer
So, I have a 3x3 c&c cage which until today had a 1x3 and 1x1 loft (in the shape of an L). However the girls cage has gotten to be too much of a hassle to keep clean on a regular basis since Nugget had her babies so I took the loft off so that I can prioritize the health and cleanliness of the cage.

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how I can make a loft that is stable, yet unattachable so that I can easily take it on and off in order to clean everything efficiently. Previously I had zip ties on it to keep it sturdy but obviously I can't put them on and cut them off every time I clean the cage.

Is there anyway to make a loft that is able to be attached like this or is it wishful thinking? I can't seem to think of anything that would provide the stability and support that wasn't permanently fixed into place..

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Have you considered the Velcro zip ties that are used to keep and secure cords from getting tangled. I have used those in the past for parts of cages that I needed to be able to move more easily then cutting and replacing zip ties everyone I cleaned the cage and it worked fine.

GPmom2016

Cavy Gazer
Have you considered the Velcro zip ties that are used to keep and secure cords from getting tangled. I have used those in the past for parts of cages that I needed to be able to move more easily then cutting and replacing zip ties everyone I cleaned the cage and it worked fine.

I didn't even think about those! I think I'll buy some the next time I'm out and try them, hopefully it works! It seems like it should anyhow, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.