Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Midwest Cage size

GPmom2016

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I'm new to the forum and am not sure I'm posting in the right section, as I've never been part of something like this before! So sorry for any trouble.

Now that that's out of the way, I have a question about cage sizes. I have done my research and know the importance of having the right size cage. When I first bout my babies (Nugget and Tink) we thought we had two girls, and made a 3x3 cage with a 1x4 loft (in an L shape). We didn't realize we had a boy and girl until I woke up one morning and found 3 tiny pigs in the cage! You can imagine my shock! Now that things have calmed down and we went to get our guinea pigs checked for what sexes they are (3 girls) we were thinking about neutering the male (Tink). My question is, how big of a cage should I have for my cavy family of 5?

Note: I know the dangers included in getting my GP neutered, but I found a place I trust and have been working with since the babies were born. Plus it would provide him a better life so he won't be alone in his cage forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You'll need a 2x7, or some other configuration of those grids. A 3x5 would actually be larger.

GPmom2016

Cavy Gazer
You'll need a 2x7, or some other configuration of those grids. A 3x5 would actually be larger.

Thank you! Everything I saw online was only suggesting sizes for up to 4 piggies so I appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.