Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Not Eating Peppers?

CupcakeCavy

Cavy Slave
So I have a piggy named Juniper that normally eats all of her food in one sitting.

Lately she stopped eating her peppers and at first we thought it was an issue with her teeth because she also wasn't eating anything hard like treats.

Then within the next few days she would eat perfectly fine and now for the past couple of days shes not eating the peppers again.

She did eat the hard treats and still eats things like carrot but just neglects the pepper. Its so weird some days she eats a couple pieces and most she doesn't eat it at all.

Juni used to always eat all of her food. Since she is not getting the vitamin c from the peppers we have been giving her 1 or 1/2 of an oxbow vitamin c tablet.

I'm wondering if she just doesn't like them anymore or if she should go to the vet.

Also I was wondering if there is something else I should be giving her veggie wise other than tablets. If shes just being picky is there a way I can get her to start eating them again?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Mine occasionally go on a sit-down strike about peppers. I usually just switch colors for a few days.

pouty

Cavy Slave
If she's eating the tablets then it can't be a tooth issue? Those tablets are hard!!

Mieuxmeyou

Cavy Slave
Mine also are selective about Peppers. They used to go crazy about them, and then they refused for a week or so. Now they like them again. Maybe they get tired of eating them. Maybe it was a bad batch. Who knows....

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.