Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Bloated gi stasis

pouty

Cavy Slave
Excellent update :) Keep up the good work, Sofi, you can send that gas packing ;)

Thank you Lisa! So far so good! I took her out of the cage this morning for some treats and water, and she pooped 8 times without any massaging or the lullavibe. She wheeks whenever i come into the room, and is chasing her cagemates and eating. Still going to continue meds and treatment.

I haven't found any guinea pig slippers either, but I'd look kinda silly wearing them (workboots are more my style) Great news on Sofi, It looks like I should be checking out those vibrating pads just in case. I've never had an issue with it at all in almost 7 years but better safe than sorry. I'm so glad Sofi is doing better!

I highly recommend it! I'm so glad you haven't had to experience it. GI stasis is so scary. I have cancelled plans with my friends and called out a shift from work to spend full days with her and have woken up in the middle of the night to check up on her. I was so terrified of her dying. I'm sure it took awhile for the meds to do their thing, but I feel like the lullavibe made the huge turn around by helping the meds do their thing mechanically.
wQQWQ@XXSSXCCA

I don't even want to delete that gibberish. She walked onto my keyboard and typed it out herself lol.

pouty

Cavy Slave
k3sRlFth.jpg72RoyBDh.jpg

Sofi is doing well.

pouty

Cavy Slave
Vet checked Sofi this morning, he couldn't feel any gas anywhere. He says she feels like a perfectly normal guinea pig. We are continuing half dose of her meds for a few more days. He gave approval to reintroduce more vegetables to her diet :)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Awesome news! Way to go Sofi!

kcake67

Cavy Slave
Yay sofi! I'm so glad this story has a happy ending! Hope those veggies are tasty!

-Kcake and Batman

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.