Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sweetest Son in the World Looking for a Good home! - Oxford, PA

bmoore

Cavy Gazer
Hello!

Sadly, I have to find a home to place my beloved Bob in. I rescued him from abusive care in a classroom environment where he was left alone for many days in a very small, dirty cage and extremely poor nutrition. I've had him for a couple of years but, being a college student now, my hands are tied and my parents are no longer able to provide him with care as I am at home very infrequently. We've done everything we could, and I'm glad I could've gotten him out of that horrible situation but there's nothing I can do now. Goodness knows I'd keep him and try everything I could but times are tough.

Bob is, by my math, a little over three years old. He is a very handsome all black teddy coat boar, but don't let his sex fool you! Even though he's a male, he is has an incredibly mellow personality and is sure to melt your heart if you meet him. He's a sweet and handsome lad, and is unphased by being handled or cared for. But don't misunderstand, because is very active if you provide him with the space! He's very bouncy and chatty whenever he need something, and will zoom and popcorn like crazy once he's comfortable and given some free-roaming time outside of his cage. Also he absolutely LOVES burying in his hay pile, and I find he will get rather "emotional" and throw a fuss if there isn't enough hay for him to fully bury in.

He has lived alone, unfortunately, but I have tried my hardest to give him a healthy living environment and a lot of interaction.

Bob will be moving in with his cage and supplies. His cage is a 2x3 C&C with a wire shelf lid, a food bowl, a water bottle, a felt forest, bedding, and orchard grass. He will come with his remaining orchard grass and Oxbow pellets. I do insist that Bob remain with his supplies--I also have lots of extra grids if you wish to expand his cage. I will not home him without his supplies, UNLESS anyone interested can prove they have a suitable enclosure set up already. I am asking $25 as his rehoming fee, and I am very flexible with the additional fee of supplies. If I feel any inquirer is especially interested and a fantastic home, I will likely offer all of his supplies for free, or a very low fee.

Attached are some photos of my boy. He isn't too young but he's still my good little lad. I will miss him dearly and hope that he finds a loving forever home and an owner that he will make as happy as he has made me.
spICcDZh.jpg
weyv6KPh.jpg
AGs1f82h.jpg
pHG0gUbh.jpg
BFOuaDRh.jpg
Link to the album: https://m.imgur.com/a/ojY5y (<b>(broken link removed)</b>)

Contact me at either my email or cell phone, but email is preferable. I check my email frequently on a daily basis and that is the best way to reach me.
I can provide additional pictures on request, and am extremely flexible with fees, but require that he goes to someone who understands proper guinea pig care, and is ready to accept the greatest little buddy in the world into their lives. :)
[email protected]
484-885-3793

bmoore

Cavy Gazer
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-the-World-Looking-for-a-Good-home!-Oxford-PA
Also made a post on guineapigfinder, so I hope that helps. Posted this before on guinealynx but we didn't get any interest, so hopefully an updated post here will be better. He's a good lad, I just want him to be ok. I hate that I have to rehome him, but it's the last option I have and I think in the end it'll be better for him too.

bmoore

Cavy Gazer
GREAT NEWS!!!

Bob has been adopted and will be going to live with his new folks tomorrow! :D He will be in very good hands and I just wanted to update this to let everyone know! While I'm still sad that I had to adopt him out at all, now he'll have an even bigger cage and a friend (a cutie pie boar named Beau!) and his new owner is very knowledgeable and I know Bob will be in great hands.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy for you and Bob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Wonderful!! I'm so glad you were able to find him a new home with piggy parents you are comfortable with :).

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Great news! I love hearing that good things happen when piggies need a home!

Nannub

Cavy Slave
Yay for Bob! He's a cutiepie!!

pouty

Cavy Slave
Bob is SOOOO CUTE OMG!! I'm glad he was lucky enough to be rescued by you, and glad he is going to a good home!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.