Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along How NOT to get yelled at

Maplepig

Cavy Slave
I've noticed that people often complain about the other members of this forum "yelling at" them. This thread is an attempt at a guide to not being "yelled at."
1) First of all, DO NOT insult people. Most of the people on this forum are kind of like porcupines. They can be very sweet and helpful, but if you insult them, they open up their quills, and remind you to respect them.

2) Use some respect. The more experienced members of this forum can be very helpful if you let them. They may seem like know-it-all's to you, but that is because they DO know just about everything about guinea pigs! So be respectful. Be grateful for the information they give you, even if you don't like the way it's given.

3) Know what you're in for. Before you start a thread about pet stores or breeding, read the forum rules and policies. This is a pro-adoption, anti-breeding forum. Any excuse for buying a guinea pig from a pet store besides ignorance will rub just about EVERYBODY the wrong way. Don't even try. Also, the people on this forum can be put into two groups: People who are REALLY serious about guinea pigs, and people who are seeking help from the really serious people. Be warned: The first group, (the really serious group), will full-heartedly defend their opinions and beliefs on guinea pigs.

4) Don't complain. You may not agree with flagging craigslist adds or boycotting pet stores and such, but don't even try complaining about it. It will inevitably get you into a fight. The people on this forum do what they do because they care, and debating that will get you banned, if anything.

I'm sorry if this thread offends anyone, it is not meant to be offensive. To the people that I refer to as "REALLY serious about guinea pigs" and "more experienced members," I would like to say this: I am very grateful for all the help you have given me. I didn't mean to make it sound like I think of you as know-it-all's. Also, porcupine is a complement if anything. Not an insult.

Last edited:

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Agreed. The point of this forum is to help and inform others who need it, not insult or act disrespectfully towards each other.

Novabean

Cavy Slave
Thank you. As I am new to the group & GP's, I come on here to get advice, suggestions and information from people that are way more experienced then myself but I have stopped reading more then one thread where the "debate" started & totally went off the original subject so not only did I stop reading but then didn't get the info I was hoping for.
So thank you for reminding us All :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Good post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Nicely done, Maple pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.