Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Possible adoption, wondering about cage

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone,

A person in my town made a post on GuineaPigFinder.com with hopes of finding someone to adopt her two female pigs ASAP. I am interested in rescuing them, but before I do absolutely anything, I'm trying to cover all my bases and make sure I am indeed capable of taking her pigs in. One thing that crosses my mind is after the quarentine period and *hopefully* a nice/proper introduction, will my cage be sufficient in size for four female piggies?

Currently their cage is a 2x7 with a loft that's strictly used for hay. I've researched and know that a 2x6 is recommended for 4 pigs. Maybe it's because I'm constantly around my cage that I just don't see it as a large cage. I am willing to enlarge if need be. I actually just ordered those cute strawberry hidey houses last weekend, and of course, I'd add more water bottles, food dishes, etc.

IMG_4023.jpg

None of this set in absolute stone, but I'd like to get some input in case things do come to fruition.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
A 2x7 is perfectly big enough for 4 guinea pigs, however if you want to make it bigger or change it up to add more room that is more of a personal choice.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Plenty big enough.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
The cage is big enough, but you might want to be careful with the hideys in the pic- it looks like they only have one entrance, which could spell trouble if you're introducing newcomers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.