Thanks
    84 Rec'd/76 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Can't find Pea Flakes

Hey everyone

Do any of you know where I can get pea flakes in the US? I've checked myself, but all I found was a bunch of .uk websites. Hansepet.com was one of the results, but when I clicked on "pea flakes", it just gave me the benefits of feeding pea flakes, but that's about it. I have no idea if Hansepet.com actually sells products, because I couldn't add it to the cart or anything like that. I was hoping one of you guys would know a website or a store of something. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks
    867 Rec'd/748 Posts
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

Re: Can't find Pea Flakes

I'm not sure what pea flakes are (I can extrapolate from the name) so I suspect you can't get them here (US). Maybe from a website in Canada?

Thanks
    Thanks
    84 Rec'd/76 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Pea flakes are dehydrated green peas. They make a nice treat for guinea pigs I hear a lot about how people's guinea pigs absolutely adore eating pea flakes, and that they contain an essential nutrient called lysine, so I thought it be fun to let the boys give them a try Thanks for the suggestion, but in the meantime, I'm just gonna wait; bunnyapproved.com has some but they are currently out of stock. But thanks anyway

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I had the same trouble with the pea flakes. I found a site that sells them but are wayyy over priced and always sold out. I found the best thing to do is buy just dried peas. They are the same thing as pea flakes just without being smashed during the process. They are cheap and my pigs love eating them! Link: http://www.iherb.com/Just-Tomatoes-E...H-nBoCxxjw_wcB

Thanks
    Thanks
    152 Rec'd/134 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

@CavyTV bunnyapproved.com are apparently expecting their JR Farms Pea Flakes to be back in stock in about 3 weeks. They are behind with their orders because they took a break over the holidays. They emailed me to say they have another brand available. If you're interested, here's the link

http://bunnyapproved.com/product/spe...ed-pea-flakes/

I've been wanting to try them too, it's going to be an expensive trial though, . It's a good thing they will last a long time.

6. "Thank you, lisa325, for this useful post," say these 2 members:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

If you shop at petsmart, the sell a purple bag of "peas and carrots" by All Living Things brand. It has pea flakes and dried carrot flakes and costs about $4. My girls love them! I've also used dry split peas purchased in bulk from a whole food store.

Edit:

I found an online link and it looks like they're only $2 right now!
    http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/fo...opping-67.html
    Last edited by Gooseberry; 01-15-17 at 11:54 am.

Thanks
    Thanks
    152 Rec'd/134 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

@CavyTV If you're still looking, www.bunnyapproved.com has the JR Farms Pea Flakes back in stock as of today, I just ordered 2 bags for my guys.

Thanks
    Thanks
    84 Rec'd/76 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

I have an idea that I'm really curious about...Currently, I don't have any pea flakes for my piggies but I was wondering if I could make my own. We have cans or organic sweet green peas and I thought of the idea of smushing them and putting them in the oven. Would that work? I don't know what temperature I would have to set it at or for how long...I remember one time I put some forage in the oven to create dried forage and it worked, only the boys didn't really like the smell or something because they would try to nibble at it but then they would turn away and paw their noses It did have a stench to it...the house smelled like burnt grass and flowers for a few days after that (even though the forage didn't burn in the oven).

Thanks
    Thanks
    37 Rec'd/37 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Flake.../dp/B014IQ6R0I

dunno if that's what you want. I get a mixture at petsmart.

User Tag List