Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems White spot on guinea pigs ear

FANTASY

Cavy Gazer
My guinea pig, Basil has recently developed a little white spot on her ear. She is about two - three months old. I've wipped it with a wet napkin and nothing had came off. There is a little scab I don't know if it's from her scratching or what. She's acting just as he normal hyper exploring self. She does shake her head a little when I touch the ear though. She doesn't do it everytime I touch it. It's hard to get a really good look at it as she it always wanting to explore. Does any one know what it is image-20161225_230446.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Looks like a fungal infection to me. Read this page https://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html

I would treat the ear with one of the topical antifungal creams mentioned in that link, you can purchase those antifungal creams at a regular pharmacy. Apply the cream sparingly with a q-tip and rub it in well so she can't rub any off while grooming herself and ingest it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.