Thanks
    Thanks
    84 Rec'd/76 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Possibe broken leg?

Hi everyone So I've literally just walked into the piggies room and I noticed that Flyn's right foot seemed to be broken or sprained. When I walked up to the boys cage to pet them, they both ran away, and that's when I noticed that Flyn was limping. As he was running to the end of the cage, I saw that only 3 paws were touching the ground as he ran, his right back paw lifted. Of course, after seeing that, I'm extremely worried and scared. A few minutes after I had seen that, I asked my mom if we could get him to the vet as soon as possible. Now, being the non-guinea-pig-person that she is, I was afraid she'd say no. I was right on that; at first she just looked at me with no words to say, then she told me that it might just be temporary and that I should calm down. I find that extremely ridiculous; of course it's not a “temporary” thing! I honestly wish she would care a little more.. Since I can't get Flyn checked out, what should I do? I was thinking of maybe separating their 2X6 cage+2X2 basement and putting Flyn into a divided 2X2 or 2X3 section, for a few weeks maybe, so that his leg would heal faster. Would that help? If you have any suggestions, I would gladly appreciate them.Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2,456 Rec'd/800 Posts
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    Items for Sale

Re: Possibe broken leg?

You HAVE to take him to the vet. It can get infected very badly and get much worse. He needs to be seen and x-rayed.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,204 Rec'd/5,737 Posts
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3768 Post(s)

Ditto @CavySpirit. How would you like to have a badly sprained or broken leg and no one would take you to the doctor?

He's your responsibility, and medical care is just as much a part of responsible pet ownership as food, water, and a cage.

Thanks
    Thanks
    84 Rec'd/76 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

I know. It's just really hard because of my mom. I'll try to ask her again.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    201 Rec'd/188 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Until you can get him to the vet, putting him in a smaller section where food and water are close by isn't a bad idea, though. He'll be in less pain if he has to move less. You definitely still have to try to convince your mom, though- maybe ask for it for a Christmas present if you celebrate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List