Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips Green Team Hardwood Pellet Fuel

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Is anyone here familiar with these particular pellets? It seems they are available at my local Lowe's, I'm thinking about trying them out. I currently use the Guardian pine pellets, which are great, but they they take forever to air out and still have that pine smell. Apparently these wood stove pellets are hard wood and have no odor, which would be excellent if they were suitable :D.

(broken link removed)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I would contact the company to make sure there are no accelerants added. If there aren't, they'd probably be a good choice.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Thanks @ bpatters :). I emailed them, so fingers crossed they come back with the right answer. :)

lavalamp

Cavy Gazer
Hey, did you ever get a response from them? I actually found this thread on Google because I had the same question as you. I emailed them last week and haven't gotten anything back yet.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Yes I did actually, I ended up calling them and was told they were purely hardwoods, no accelerants added. I have been using them ever since and I'm very happy with them. I'm going to stock up on them to see me over the summer months just incase Lowe's stops stocking them in the warmer months.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.