Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sneezing guinea pig constantly sneezing

robobanger

Cavy Slave
ever since i bought my guinea pigs, one of them, ceviche, had sneezed very often. i kinda just shrugged it off, but four months later, ceviche is still sneezing just as much. i searched up online what this could be, and i have seen people say it is a symptom of a common cold or URI. however, he isn't showing any other symptoms for either illness. i would take to him to a vet, but there are no vets that specialize in treating guinea pigs. should i be concerned or no?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If he hasn't gotten sick in four months, it's not likely a URI. It could be that your hay is dusty. If you're buying it in small bags from a pet store, it's almost guaranteed to be dry and dusty.

See if you can get some greener, fresher hay and see if that helps. If so, you can order hay online that will be much better, and much cheaper, than what you can buy in a pet store.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.