Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage in bedroom??

audizzy

Cavy Slave
Okay so I currently have a 2x6 cage in my living room, but my husband and I are planning on remodeling our living room. We want/need new furniture which means we have to move the cage. our cage only fits nicely on one wall, but we want to put our new tv stand there.
So my question is, is it fine to put them in our bedroom?? we are also going to change things up in our sleeping room, we're going to get rid of two pieces of furniture which would leave a perfect wall space for our piggies. I wouldn't have a problem with them there, but my mother-in-law thinks it would be disgusting.

any advice or opinions would be helpful! thanks!

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Is your husband or are you a light sleeper? If so the guinea pigs could cause some noise that may be a problem (noises such as drinking from the water bottle, rustling around in their hay, or running laps).

I personally have some of my guinea pigs in my bedroom with no problems but I am a very heavy sleeper. I do also feed my guinea pigs all of their vegetables an hour or so before I go to bed. That way they don't wake me up first thing in the morning with wheeking as they don't expect anything special for breakfast.

audizzy

Cavy Slave
Is your husband or are you a light sleeper? If so the guinea pigs could cause some noise that may be a problem (noises such as drinking from the water bottle, rustling around in their hay, or running laps).

I personally have some of my guinea pigs in my bedroom with no problems but I am a very heavy sleeper. I do also feed my guinea pigs all of their vegetables an hour or so before I go to bed. That way they don't wake me up first thing in the morning with wheeking as they don't expect anything special for breakfast.

I can be somewhat of a light sleeper but they wouldn't bother me. I've slept in the living room twice and it went fine.

I'm glad to know that you have your piggies in your bedroom. That was the main reason for my question. I thought maybe people would think it's "unsanitary" to have guinea pigs in the same room where you sleep because it might smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
My pigs are in my room and the only problem I generally have is that they kick hay and bedding everywhere. I don't mind much but sometimes people think it's gross, and if I sit on my floor I often have to pick hay off myself afterwards.

audizzy

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I will definitely look into buying an air cleaner!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.