Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting Leaving for almost 24 hours

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone.So I have to go on a little road trip that will take 4 hours, to and from. We are planning to leave Friday night because we're going to stay in a hotel, and we won't be back until Saturday night. I'm kind of panicking right now because I'm worried about my piggies. Should I just leave a lot of hay for them? Lots of veggies before I leave on Friday night? I have no one that can look after them..so I'm forced to leave them all alone :( Has anybody gone through this before? Can anybody give some advice? I have no idea what to do and I'm not even sure if guinea pigs can go without their daily amount of vitamin c for a day. If you can help in any way, I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

DroidGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
They should be fine. I've left my pigs for 24 hours alone and they were fine. Just fill up the hay rack as much as you can.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
But leave at least two water bottles for them. That way, if one leaks or they play with it and let all the water drain out, they won't be without water for all that time.

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Also have an emergency sitter, someone who can go take care of them if your trip is delayed for some reason. Preferably a neighbor who would be able to see if something were happening with your house.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.