Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggie Owner Wanting Some Direction!

Aidil Shah

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone!

I just brought home two 3 month old piggies called Mocha & Gunther two days ago. As I live in an apartment, space is kind of an issue but that did not stop me from building my own "open cage" straight away. It is 42" X 34" and has two houses and a shade section for them to hang out. I've made it so that it can fit my L-shaped study desk.

However, I fear that with me being next to them all the time as I do my work, they would not feel comfortable enough to explore and adjust to their new home. They do wander around while I'm doing work but whenever I stand up they run away. Also the cage is directly under an AC (I live in Malaysia, where it is always hot) but I've adjusted so that the fan blows upwards (at 25C/77F) constantly whenever I use it.

Should I place the cage elsewhere or leave it for a few days to let them adjust. Mind you these are my first pets ever and I have a lot of things to learn but I think starting off with this is a good start. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

rotto77

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome to the forums. We have our cage next to us in the living room. it works out well for us.

ayuazami

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!

I just brought home two 3 month old piggies called Mocha & Gunther two days ago. As I live in an apartment, space is kind of an issue but that did not stop me from building my own "open cage" straight away. It is 42" X 34" and has two houses and a shade section for them to hang out. I've made it so that it can fit my L-shaped study desk.

However, I fear that with me being next to them all the time as I do my work, they would not feel comfortable enough to explore and adjust to their new home. They do wander around while I'm doing work but whenever I stand up they run away. Also the cage is directly under an AC (I live in Malaysia, where it is always hot) but I've adjusted so that the fan blows upwards (at 25C/77F) constantly whenever I use it.

Should I place the cage elsewhere or leave it for a few days to let them adjust. Mind you these are my first pets ever and I have a lot of things to learn but I think starting off with this is a good start. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi Aidil! I'm from Malaysia too. Mind to share your cage? I also live in an apartment, so, I want to look how you manage to organize the cage to be that big. :)

Cathey191

Cavy Slave
I am often next to the cage with my piggies. I found talking just before standing up and getting close helped them relax.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.