Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Frustrated I need cage help

cautious

Cavy Gazer
My nana came to live with us as she is unable to care for herself anymore. With her came 4 adult GPs , she agrees that 4 is too many for us to properly care for and has decided to rehome two of them. i found a woman on a FB group that wants to adopt one of them and because of privacy/safety reasons she would like to meet in a public place- im ok with that.
here are my red flags please tell me if im reading into this too much
at 4:29 she asked me to send her examples of cages she can buy. i sent them. an hour and a half later she said that it was all set up and ready. i asked for a picture, she said she wasnt home but that shed have her BF send a picture. 5 min later i get the attached picture.
i tore it apart. honestly its not horrible, small sure but honestly it looks like its "too perfect" as far a an amateur cage goes. i feel like if someone googled

GP cage this would come up and someone who didnt know better would say thats the best.

That wheel can not be purchased locally- im positive - if i ask her she'll tell me that her aunt gave it to her- she mentioned that her aunt has a GP.

why does she have a litter pan? that's stereotypical ferret/ hedgehog set up - how would someone who needed me to send her cage examples know that a litter pan under a wheel is a thing?

also that food looks dark, the hedgehog / ferret food

she said the cord is her cell phone charger.

has anyone seen this image floating around the web? ive done a reverse image search with no luck

am i nuts? cage.jpg

lisa325

Cavy Slave
The wheel alone would set off alarm bells for me. Guinea pigs and wheels are a no-no.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Even if she is telling the truth, I wouldn't let her have the pigs. That's not enough room for one pig, much less two, wheels, like lisa325 said, are a big thumbs down, pigs should have water bottles and not dishes, plus only one hidey for two pigs? :///

What's suspicious about it as a photo to me is that it looks ancient. Nobody sends photos that look like that in 2016. It looks like it was taken with a flip phone.

cautious

Cavy Gazer
*I asked about the wheel, she said her aunt gave it to her as i suspected she would. Im probably paranoid- i just want it to go to a good home*also i will educate her about hay and give her a bunch of it.

cautious

Cavy Gazer
she is taking only one of the GPs- theyve never been housed together

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
It's still too small. I'd try to give the pigs to a shelter, if you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
A shelter is better then giving it to her, it would end up as snake food. That is not a guinea pig cage. I hope you are asking for a rehoming fee. My girls all came from Carroll County Humane, so shelters do a good job of homing their small animals too, even the kill shelters.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.