Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Vet in Wellington NZ

Cathey191

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

Does anyone here know a good small animal vet in Wellington? I am failing at finding one that only does small animals.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sorry, but I don't have any idea. The user RodentCuddles is in Auckland and is involved in guinea pig rescue -- she might know something. You could send her a private message.

Just one word of caution. It may a totally different situation in New Zealand, but in the US, small animal vet means dog and cat, not exotic pets. Here, you have to look specifically for a vet with exotic experience/certification. So you may want to narrow your search a little if that's the case there.

P.S.: I did a little googling, and the blurbs for exotic pets in New Zealand sound like they were written by someone who has little knowledge of English. But Ian Schraa, of Rappaw, is recommended as an excellent rabbit vet, so that's where I'd start if I couldn't find someone who specializes in guinea pigs. Here's their website: https://rappaw.co.nz/, and they say they treat exotic pets.

Cathey191

Cavy Slave
RodentCuddles - Auckland Cavy Care. Yes I have heard of it. I'll ask her.

Thank you :) I have emailed Rappaw and asked a few questions about their services.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.