Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digging underneath fleece? & Few questions!

Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Re: Digging underneath fleece? & Few questions!

Quote Originally Posted by CavyMama View Post
    Something else to consider - C&C cages. They are not expensive to build. A box of grids costs around $18. If you can't find coroplast, you can use a shower curtain and use loose bedding like Carefresh or solid bedding like fleece clipped to the grids. Another great thing about C&C cages is that they are super customizable. You can create as large of a cage as you want and you can reconfigure it as many times and in as many ways as your space will allow. With more space, any odor will be less and your pig will get to exercise on their own time (running laps is their favorite!).

As for your other pets and your concern that they will get into the cage, there are many options for a lid on the cage. I have two cats. I used heavy wire shelving as my lid and my cats never got to my pigs.
    Thanks. Not an option I can consider at this time, but in the future it looks like a great cage.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,440 Rec'd/991 Posts
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Quoted
    698 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paperpapillon View Post
    I appreciate you looking into this, but no I don't see any overreaction on my part. I do see someone being very rude, sarcastic, and condescending to me. I wanted an admin to stick up for me feeling like I was being picked on. The others weren't as bad, I understand you see a lot of really NOT bright people that treat their pigs like pet rocks. I'm not one of them.....I thought that would be apparent. I'm really disappointed right now. I searched for a nice group for weeks before I found one I wanted to join. A group is only as strong as it's admins...and I hope you won't let me down in telling me *I'm*the wrong one here.
    Okay, well since your original post was asking advice about how to get your pig to stop digging under fleece, let's just steer the conversation back to that topic. When I first started using fleece my pigs used to burrow underneath too. Gave me quite a scare when I walked in and didn't see either of them, only to notice two lumps underneath the fleece and one of the corners pulled away from the sides (cheeky little pigs! LOL). I don't recall if someone had mentioned this already but what comes to my mind is if you are able to - get longer fleece and use binder clips to attach to the sides of the cage.

Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try getting something else he can cuddle up in. Like a fuzzy tunnel or a hooded cuddle cup.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

What I do to keep my sows from burrowing under the bedding fleece i give them nicely folded pieces of fleece in their cage to hide under but being summer in teas they don't use them as much as i imagine they will in the winter, i also keep their food and hay in opposite corners they tend to not move the fleece as much hope that helps you a little

5. "Thank you, bradishmc17, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,316 Rec'd/5,831 Posts
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3906 Post(s)

I put bricks in the corner of my cage to hold the fleece down.

User Tag List