Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My baby Rufus is dead

joeyandrufus

Cavy Slave
Hello guys! I dont know how I am typing this but my love,Rufus is no more.I am extremely sad.You all have been there for me since the beginning so I thought I might let you all know.Well,about Rufus,he had become really skinny but he would eat everything.He used to eat a lot and drink water as well. He was extremely playful and loved getting cuddled. He started getting skinny for no reason so we got him checked. I didnt find any cavvy savy in Kolkata(india) but the vet who used to take care of my babies checked up Rufus. He claimed that even though he isnt a cavvy savy,he is still great with guinea pigs. I even tested him with my knowledge that i have from the internet and he seemed pretty knowledgable. Anyway,I got into college and had to leave my home and go to another city. When I came back,I was told that Rufus is no more. I was/am heartbroken. People say its because I left. He was very much attached to me. He was so cuddly and loved spending time with me. He would sit on my lap for hours without pooping or peeing. He was fine,ate everything and was super active. He died few days after I left.(i wasnt informed about his death because I myself am struggling in my college where seniors do ragging. They hit me with belt and torture me and I m supposed to be ok with it. I was torn so they decided not to inform me,which is good cuz i would have committed suicide) I loved my baby so so much. He was well fed cuz my parents take care of my guinea pigs and they feed them all the stuff i asked them to. my guinea pigs have personal maid who washes their bedding and takes care of them. But he wasnt brought out of cage. even though everyone did cuddle him,nobody took him out of the cage after I left (his cage is really big though) The vet even gave him meds when he was dying. But he couldnt save my baby. Does any of you have any idea what had happened? My other piggie,Joey is normal. She was always inactive. She would just eat and sleep. But everyone says since Rufus died,Joey will die too soon,But till I m here,I am giving her a lot of attention and I also asked my maid and parents to give her enough attention. please help :(

lisa325

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss, It must have been a terrible shock for you when you found out.:sad:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My sincerest condolences on the loss of Rufus. He must have been very special to you. As long as Joey seems normal to you and is eating and drinking normally, You really needn't worry. If it makes you feel better, take Joey in to see the vet as well for a checkup. Do you weigh him weekly? Weight loss is usually the biggest indicator as to whether or not a piggie is doing well.

natashatl

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

joeyandrufus

Cavy Slave

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss, when our pets are like our children it just hurts so much.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP little Rufus.

Onlyinred

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss. It really does hurt when our special friends die. Sending you support and hugs (if you want them ofc).

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. What a shock for you!!! I'll be praying that little Joey will be fine. She might need another friend to keep her company. But if she is really that inactive, she might be fine alone. Maybe watch her and see if she becomes even more inactive, she could be missing her buddy too. Again, I am really sorry!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.