Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lump on Throat of Guinea Pig <1yr old

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Give him a probiotic about an hour and a half after each dose of antibiotic. If he stops eating, be prepared to hand-feed him.

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
I am sorry your piggie is under the weather. Both my females dealt with CL a few weeks ago. In both cases, the lump did feel a bit bigger the day after lancing. It then diminished in size on its own. It took two weeks for it to disappear completely. They are both doing great now. Hope yours recovers soon as well!

Paige M

Cavy Slave
That's a relief to hear! I've been so worried about the outcome as I've never had to handle something to this degree.

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
Mine were both on baytril for 10 days. They kept eating though. They are only 5 months old, so not as strong as yours. Hope things start looking up for you!

Paige M

Cavy Slave
I have a great update on Remi! After going to the vet yesterday, the only thing inside the sac of the mass is the sponge the vet packed it with and it surprisingly enough isn't swollen. After 1-2 days of being syringe fed, Remi has started picking at his pellets and hay again! He is still orally taking baytril and I am still flushing out the sac 2-3 times daily.

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
So happy for you and Remi!!!!! Way to go!!!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Very happy to read that Remi is on the road to recovery. Good luck to you both <3

Paige M

Cavy Slave
I have good news! Remi went back to the vet today for a recheck and all is going well! The incision on his neck is now closed and the mass site is flat. He has also completely regained his appetite and his getting back to being his goofy self! Dr White recommended that I keep Remi and Tatum apart for another 10-14 days to be 100% sure the infection is gone and to just keep an eye on the site in case it returns.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Wonderful news!! I'm so glad everything worked out for little Remi <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.