Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Question About No-Sew Fleece Liners

I've been using fleece with U-Haul pads for a few months now, and I know that a liner would make my life easier. I have some questions about the best construction, though:

1. Should I use only one layer of U-Haul pad in the middle of the two layers of fleece, or should I fold it over so it's double layered?

2. Do I need to make where only three sides are closed so I have to pull out the U-Haul pad to wash separately, or should the U-Haul pad stay in position well enough that I can close all four sides and just throw the liner in the wash all together as one piece?

3. Should Stitch Witchery be enough to hold all of the sides together?

I appreciate any help!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    43 Rec'd/38 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Re: Question About No-Sew Fleece Liners

1- you don't need 2 layers, you can have just one.

2- mine is all one piece that isn't coming apart. Trust me when I say your life will be easier that way.

3- I'm not familiar with the product so I can't attest to it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. "Thank you, PiggyGrandma15, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    11 Rec'd/10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie453 View Post
    I've been using fleece with U-Haul pads for a few months now, and I know that a liner would make my life easier. I have some questions about the best construction, though:

1. Should I use only one layer of U-Haul pad in the middle of the two layers of fleece, or should I fold it over so it's double layered?

2. Do I need to make where only three sides are closed so I have to pull out the U-Haul pad to wash separately, or should the U-Haul pad stay in position well enough that I can close all four sides and just throw the liner in the wash all together as one piece?

3. Should Stitch Witchery be enough to hold all of the sides together?

I appreciate any help!
    I'm not sure Stitch Witchery would hold up under all the washing and drying. If your trying to avoid sewing you could start out with Stitch Witchery and then I'd keep some Alene's fabric glue on hand. Don't remember which one, but I've had better luck with that holding up for the long term.

5. "Thank you, Cleophauna, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,569 Rec'd/1,289 Posts
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleophauna View Post
    I'm not sure Stitch Witchery would hold up under all the washing and drying. If your trying to avoid sewing you could start out with Stitch Witchery and then I'd keep some Alene's fabric glue on hand.
    I totally agree. Why not sew it? If you don't have a machine, get everything cut, positioned, and pinned.......ready to sew. Find a neighbor or someone who sews and offer to trade something for her time.....a chore, make a meal, wash her windows, etc. Come over to my house and we'll make a party out of it! I desperately need to sew some new liners

I recommend a single layer of uHaul pad in the middle. Dries much faster and is less bulky. No how many layers you have, if they're urine soaked, they are going to smell. I find that one layer does a perfectly adequate job. My liners are now nearly five years old and still going strong. However, I can tell that the uHaul layer has worn out because the urine is showing up on the underpads.

7. "Thank you, spy9doc, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spy9doc View Post
    I totally agree. Why not sew it? If you don't have a machine, get everything cut, positioned, and pinned.......ready to sew. Find a neighbor or someone who sews and offer to trade something for her time.....a chore, make a meal, wash her windows, etc. Come over to my house and we'll make a party out of it! I desperately need to sew some new liners

I recommend a single layer of uHaul pad in the middle. Dries much faster and is less bulky. No how many layers you have, if they're urine soaked, they are going to smell. I find that one layer does a perfectly adequate job. My liners are now nearly five years old and still going strong. However, I can tell that the uHaul layer has worn out because the urine is showing up on the underpads.
    I don't have a sewing machine, and I don't know anyone with one either, unfortunately!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks
    152 Rec'd/134 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

You can always buy them ready made online, but it can be pricey. Or you can buy yourself a sewing machine for under $100 , you don't need a top of the line machine, and you will feel so good about learning a new skill and being able to make all your own piggy accessories.

I agree with spydoc about just having one layer of uhaul in the middle, it looks better and washes better too.

10. "Thank you, lisa325, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List