Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ferrets Proper housing for ferrets?

katkor03

Cavy Slave
Hi! I have been thinking about getting another pair of small animals in addition to my two boars :) I've done the same extensive research with ferrets and rats that I have with piggies, but I haven't come across any good info on proper cage parameters, bedding, space, etc. I believe I've got a good idea of all of the above for ratties :) However, I want to make sure I know everything before bringing other animals into my home. Food, caging, care, costs, vet costs, etc.

Is there anyone who knows more info on ferret pairing and housing?

katkor03

Cavy Slave
It just seems so small :( Like there's a small main floor area and then a ramp up, and a small loft. Do they need less space than pigs? I know they LOVE toys and love playing, so this just seems weird o.o But then again, tooootally different planet.

katkor03

Cavy Slave
I have seen one before, it's similar to me in size of a 2X2 1/2, and the double is just two stacked /: Not actually twice the size. He had three, but had multiple cages and they were hardly ever in their cage so I don't really know.

katkor03

Cavy Slave

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Ferrets and Guinea Pigs don't mix well. If you get one, make sure the cage has an actual lock to keep the ferret inside while you are out of the house.

I had one friend who had 1 ferret and two female guinea pigs, the story didn't end well for the guinea pigs.

katkor03

Cavy Slave
YES. I would never leave the door open or my piggies within reach.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.