Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mounting Is it normal for a female to mount another female??

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
Soooo i got my two girls a week ago and last night i noticed Ninja showing some dominance with a bum shuffle and a low growl noise, well tonight she has been doing the same but also has tried to mount Pinky. Is this normal amongst females or is it possible they have been sexed wrong.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, you should definitely turn them both over and compare their private parts to make sure they look the same. If they don't, separate them immediately.

But yes, it'l normal for females to mount other females, especially when they're in heat.

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
OH NO!!! My girl is not a girl :/ i have no way to seperate them at this point :( its 11.30 at night and i only have the 1 cage. Shit!

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
I have had to put Pinky in a laundry basket for the night and ill have to try source another cage tomorrow (anoying as im trying to save so i can buy a C&C cage)

Admittedly im the stupid 1 for not knowing better than to believe a pet store worker when i adopted them.

But so considering i got them at 10 weeks (well thats whati was told) and now they are 11 weeks is there a chance my girl could already be prego?

AhhRex

Cavy Slave
I have had to put Pinky in a laundry basket for the night and ill have to try source another cage tomorrow (anoying as im trying to save so i can buy a C&C cage)

Admittedly im the stupid 1 for not knowing better than to believe a pet store worker when i adopted them.

But so considering i got them at 10 weeks (well thats whati was told) and now they are 11 weeks is there a chance my girl could already be prego?

Yeah. There's a chance. Guinea Lynx suggests separating males from the mother and sisters around 3 weeks of age. The earliest brother-sister pregnancy they know of is 24 days. Yours have been together for more than twice that amount of time, assuming they're from the same litter (likely). In the words of The Offspring, "You better keep 'em separated."

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
Yeah. There's a chance. Guinea Lynx suggests separating males from the mother and sisters around 3 weeks of age. The earliest brother-sister pregnancy they know of is 24 days. Yours have been together for more than twice that amount of time, assuming they're from the same litter (likely). In the words of The Offspring, "You better keep 'em separated."

Cheers.. yes i have read that... bloody hell, this is exactly what I didn't want... oh well, fingers crossed she isn't and i can get my boy neutered (in few months) so they can share a cage again.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Uh Oh, what a bummer. I hate to say it but I think the deed is probably done already.

Ninja_N_Pinky

Cavy Slave
@lisa325 yes im afraid you are probably right :(

OreoMa94

Cavy Slave
I have two pregnant and am concerned they are coming close to overdue. When does one start to be concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreoMa94

Cavy Slave
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.