Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2 Piggys for Sale in the Windsor/Essex area, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
Well even though Jen obviously doesn't look like she's cming back I just had to say something. Abou the Mods. Ly nad VDJoint and all the other mods are, as fuzyu peaches said the ones that convinced me to get pigs. They helped me immensly and if it weren't for them my pigs would be in a pet store cage eating stinky petsmart pellets and they would have me fro PetSmart. so don't go waisting their time just bequiet.
Secondly, nothing is free in life, everything has a ptice. Th price of posting on this forum is that you have to follow the rules. If you ask me it is not an expensive price.
Thridly. How do we know you weren't keeping your pigs in a petstore cage and not taking care of them properly. I personally suspect somnething when you won't even tell anyone why they are out for adoption. You could have gotten you refemale found otu she's pregnant and then decide to try to adopt her out as soon as possible. I;m not saying that's the case but your acting a little fishy. bI know fuzy peaches, lets juist say we're good friends, and I agree with her completly for not adopting our pigs after the wya you have been trashmouthing people who have helped her.
ANd with that, please do not come back until you have grown up.
My two cents.

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
whoops, sorry i just realied I made a few mistakes in my post. I cann't edit it now. Sorry guess I'll double check it next time. :(

sunflowergirl

Cavy Slave
Could someone please end this thread!I am sick of my computer telling me someone posted on it.I don't agree with everyone who has posted but I am not going to add to any negative comments. I joined this site to learn, not to talk about people I don't even know. I bought from a petstore, I fed kaytee and I had a petstore cage. I don't pretend to have all the answers or that I am such a better pet owner because I know this or that now. This thread is really sad. Pleas don't bother to add any negative posts to this...just stop and move on to better things!

AmiableAnimals

Cavy Slave
sunflowergirl said:
I am sick of my computer telling me someone posted on it.

That has to do with the settings in your profile. You can change that, and you won't get all the notifications.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
sunflowergirl said:
Could someone please end this thread!I am sick of my computer telling me someone posted on it
Instead of whining why not UNSUBSCRIBE to this thread. You are the one that subscribed to it, undo it. Then you won't get any more emails bothering you.

sunflowergirl

Cavy Slave
I am so tired of not being able to say anything without some smarty pants remark.You guys are all full of it!You are rude! I am tired of not being able to speak my mind for fear of being kicked off. Kick me off I could careless anymore!

Kriket

Cavy Slave
sunflowergirl said:
This thread is really sad. Pleas don't bother to add any negative posts to this...just stop and move on to better things!

Yes, it is sad. Sad that someone got SO defensive over someone asking them WHY they were SELLING a gp and that this was not a sales market, but an adoption board. Over someone pointing out that the definition of SELL is not the same as the definition of ADOPT. That they got so defensive and rude and hateful toward a whole group of people that were only trying to help find homes for her gps'. So yes, this thread IS really sad. :yuck:

sunflowergirl

Cavy Slave
A simple -just unsubscribe. Would have been fine! I didn't even know how! I figured it out though.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
sunflowergirl said:
A simple -just unsubscribe. Would have been fine! I didn't even know how! I figured it out though.

I'm pretty sure two different people covered that one.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
voodoojoint said:
Instead of whining why not UNSUBSCRIBE to this thread. You are the one that subscribed to it, undo it. Then you won't get any more emails bothering you.

Proves my point...

sunflowergirl

Cavy Slave
I don't agree and I don't need anyone bashing me over it or trying to explain it to me either. I don't agree.

sunflowergirl

Cavy Slave
What piont? :eye-poppi

Kriket

Cavy Slave
sunflowergirl said:
I don't agree and I don't need anyone bashing me over it or trying to explain it to me either. I don't agree.

Don't agree with what? I seem to have missed a step.:confused:

Kriket

Cavy Slave
That someone covered the whole "unsubscribe" thing, you silly.

sunflowergirl

Cavy Slave
Yes, I ment it would have be nice to have not been smarty pants and add the whining thing but at this point i don't care if anyone thinks I whine or how they phrase things I am going to work.....Oh well

Kriket

Cavy Slave
I didnt notice anyone being a "smarty pants". You were whining. It's not so hard to unsubscribe from a thread, in each e-mail you get telling you that someone has replied, I believe it even reminds you that if you don't want to get further notification, to unsubscribe. This site is one of the easiest to navigate that I frequent, so it really isn't hard to find the unsubscribe button.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm rather sick of people coming along and saying "close this thread, it's upsetting me".

Guess what? We cover a lot of topics on this board that are upsetting. If you don't like a thread don't read it. If you are subscribed to it then unsubscribe.

When I first joined I actually read everything on every page during the registration process. Maybe that makes me wierd, that I read directions and rules.

Once registered I actually looked at the "my profile" section to see what it did.

I have never accidentally subscribed to a thread I didn't want to. Maybe that is because I made a point of understanding how things on the forum work. I also made a point to read all of the stickies at the top of every section so I understood the rules and important points/issues.

I find it tedious and pointless to keep teaching people how to navigate the forum and remind them of rules. Yes, some things, like uploading pictures, need to be figured out but for the most part the basics are explained in the registration process.

If people would actually READ directions it would save themselves, and everyone around them, this type of drama.

If you are going to get overdramatic about something that could have been easily avoided if you had only read the registration prompts then you can expect a, how did you say it?, "smarty pants" answer.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
voodoojoint said:
I'm rather sick of people coming along and saying "close this thread, it's upsetting me".

Guess what? We cover a lot of topics on this board that are upsetting. If you don't like a thread don't read it. If you are subscribed to it then unsubscribe.

When I first joined I actually read everything on every page during the registration process. Maybe that makes me wierd, that I read directions and rules.

Once registered I actually looked at the "my profile" section to see what it did.

I have never accidentally subscribed to a thread I didn't want to. Maybe that is because I made a point of understanding how things on the forum work. I also made a point to read all of the stickies at the top of every section so I understood the rules and important points/issues.

I find it tedious and pointless to keep teaching people how to navigate the forum and remind them of rules. Yes, some things, like uploading pictures, need to be figured out but for the most part the basics are explained in the registration process.

If people would actually READ directions it would save themselves, and everyone around them, this type of drama.

If you are going to get overdramatic about something that could have been easily avoided if you had only read the registration prompts then you can expect a, how did you say it?, "smarty pants" answer.

WHOOOOO! GO VJ! Good answer. And no, your not weird, because I read all the stickies at the top of every page, and all the rules. Then I, too went to the my profile page to see how things worked. Guess what? I figured out that if I didn't want yahoo messenger to make an exploding sound ever 45 seconds, to unsubb from the thread that was causing it. Not so hard.
Maybe people are just getting way too sensitive.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Voodoojoint said:
Me too. The mods are here to make sure the board runs smoothly among many other reasons. If we start shutting down threads just because they are upsetting to 1 in a 1000 members, then probably most threads except the stupid ones would be closed and no one would learn anything. If you don't like a thread either unsubscribe or don't read it. If we mods feel the need to shut a thread down (which is not very often) then it will get shut down, otherwise, it will stay open.

sunflowergirl said:
I am so tired of not being able to say anything without some smarty pants remark.You guys are all full of it!You are rude! I am tired of not being able to speak my mind for fear of being kicked off. Kick me off I could careless anymore!
You are taking the remarks and making them into what you want them to be when you read them. Anyone can read posts and read something entirely different into them. You seem to think that we are rude. We are very passionate about guinea pigs and we want to see them get the best care and proper homes. You are free to speak your mind as long as it doesn't violate the rules. If you violate the rules, then you will either get warned or will get temporarily ban. We mods don't just throw people off the board just because they say something we don't like.

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
I think you should be able to state your opinion when you don’t agree with something. I also think that members should try to show some respect for people with out calling them "whinny." I think that is inappropriate.

What I do, is if I do not like something or disagree with it, I post what I want and ignore what others say, or I simply ignore the whole thread. If I chose to carry on a discussion about some thing, I prep myself for a battle on this forum (because this forum has some battle sense that play out!-Teehee). There are some viscous people on here. I did get a tad heated myself, in the past, but I refuse to stoop to that level of bickering over a computer anymore. I would just ignore the whole thread, and move on!

sunflowergirl said:

Status
Not open for further replies.