0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts

Too risky?

Hello,

So about a week ago two of my boars got into a blood drawn fight. I separated them immediately and cleaned up their minor wounds. They are still separated. Now they've always had their bickering but never a blood drawn fight, until of course last week. The boar that I put in a separate cage is the dominant one and did what is typical: rumblestruts, chasing, nose butting, etc; while the other two boars are in the other neighboring cage and seem to get along perfect. Now I've gotten advice from other places saying the relationship is officially over, while some say to bathe them in attempt to reunite, and I was wondering what everyone in this community suggests? Is it risky if I try to pair another boar with him?

Other side notes:

Their cages are side by side, connected even, so they're all neighbors and can talk to one another through the bars.

After the fight first happened and they were neighbors they were teeth chattering and looked like (if they could) they wanted to fight. Now they're normal and don't do that anymore. The dominant piggy still rumblestruts occasionally on his side.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    91 Rec'd/86 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Too risky?

Usually its very hard to get three boars to get along with each other. A lot of people consider 2 the minimum. So maybe introducing your lone boar with another one may work because its only two. I don't know much about introductions and bonding, @bpatters and @lissie probably know more than me. But that is what I know of

3. "Thank you, Beatrix187, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List