Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Crusty Eyes Eye issue?? Is my piggy okay?

hollybuffy

Cavy Slave
Yesterday I noticed Phoebe's left eye wasn't normal. She has crustys above the eye and it seems a little wet below her eye. No substance is coming out of the eye that I can tell, just looks crusty on top & wet on the bottom. She allows me to touch her eye & rub the crustys off with no problem. She is also blinking that eye often. Other than that she has been acting completely fine: eating & drinking normally as well as staying active (AKA actively bullying her sister). Has anyone seen this in their piggy before? Any advice?

Attachments

IMG_9627.png

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd take a clean, soft cloth, dampen it, and gently clean up around her eye.

She may have a blocked tear duct. You can try very very VERY gently rubbing just underneath her eyelid, close to her nose, a couple of times a day and see if that clears things up. If not, or if it gets worse in the meantime, or if she seems like she's in pain, then it's time fora vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.