Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior New babies and eating/water

willowzelda

Cavy Slave
We just got two precious baby girls, 5 weeks, and I want to know what is typical eating habits. How do I train them to drink from the water bottle? They do not seem interested in treats at this point, but I want to make sure they are getting plenty to eat during this transition. We are doing lots of bonding/lap time to build trust. They do not want anything to do with eating out of our hands at this point (hope this changes!).

Any tips? :)

kimclifford10

Cavy Slave
When my foster pigs had their babies, I didn't have to do any kind of water bottle training with them. I think they would watch mom drink from the bottle, and just followed her example. Do they seem to be having trouble with the bottle? And what kind of treats are you feeding them? They are best off being fed fresh veggies rather than store-bought treats.

Also, what kind of pellets are they eating? I would highly recommend the Oxbow Young Guinea Pig pellets for your girls. You can feed those up until they are 6 months old.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.