Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy pregnant guinea pig, no fetal movement

Monicaacuevas

Cavy Gazer
hello, recently I just adopted two guinea pigs on craigslist. daisy and leonard. I was told the male was fixed, but the day I got them I checked daisy just in case and there were defiantly some kicks. id say she was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. ive had her now for a little over two weeks and I realized just three days ago that her babies weren't moving as much, the day after that there was just one kick or two and now she has no fetal movent. I was wondering are her babies dead? or do they stop moving at the end of pregnancy? I'm very worried about her and the pups. ( yes I separated male and female)

Monicaacuevas

Cavy Gazer
this is her

Attachments

image.jpg

Monicaacuevas

Cavy Gazer
she is definitely pregnant I could feel the babies in her and everything. when they were moving they would kick with their little feet. ive had guinea pigs before and they've ended up getting pregnant before. I am pretty sure she is

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
She looks pregnant to me. Near the due date they do move less because they don't have as much space.

Monicaacuevas

Cavy Gazer
next week should be her 10th week. and they haven't moved at all in the last 24-48 hours. I just hope shell be able to have them.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I hope so to. But please do not breed your guinea pigs. We are a strongly anti-breeding, pro-adoption site, and do not support breeding in any way.

Monicaacuevas

Cavy Gazer
This is her only pregnancy the male is in a separate cage

Monicaacuevas

Cavy Gazer
Does anyone know if the babies just slow down at the end of pregnancy? It's been 6 days now

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yes, they move less, because they're so crowded there's not enough room to move. But they don't totally stop moving. If you're sure she's pregnant, and you're sure they're totally still and not moving, you should see a vet who can do a gravid spay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.