Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance 2 Piggies?

Simply_Batman

Cavy Slave
Okay so in my last one I was asking about my first Pig, Yoshi (9 months), and I was taking about how my mom wouldn't let me get another one. Well some how I got her to let me get another one named Link. I have had Yoshi for two weeks now and Link (3 months) for two days. Introducing them was great Yoshi did show some dominance traits, like mounting and nosing him, which I was okay with Yosh try's to tell Link this is his castle. But I don't know if Link is eating or drinking. I really haven't been able to see or tell. A couple minutes ago I looked over and they were by the water and Yoshi did it again started crawling on him.
I honestly don't know what to do. Yoshi is a LOT bigger than Link and I don't want him to get hurt, but I don't have another cage and the cage I have them in is way to small, but it's only temporary I promise! I want them to have a huge cage, but I have to wait until my birthday. Also I took out Link to sit him on my lap and Yosh Went crazy.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
if you think Link may not be eating, I suggest weighing him everyday (to make sure he's not losing) and put hay, a food dish, and water bottle on both sides of the cage. this way, Yoshi can't block Link from eating, and may encourage him to eat.

Simply_Batman

Cavy Slave
I don't have a scale to weigh him on. And I would do that but like I said the cage is way to small. It's not suitable for one piggie but my mom got it not really knowing. I'm getting a new one soon.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
I would go get a scale as soon as you can, you should be weighing your piggies once a week, as them losing weight will be one of the first signs of illness. You can get a small kitchen scale for $15.

Simply_Batman

Cavy Slave
I'll try, there's so many things I want to get them. I really want to give my piggies the best life I can give them.

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
You already know this but the bigger cage is very important and would solve a lot of your problems. I guarantee that Yoshi would not mount or come into contact with Link as much as he does now in a larger cage. I recommend you get a 2x5 c&c cage that would be so beneficial for them it would be amazing. They would love it. For now you need to make sure Link is not losing weight, guinea pigs can lose weight very fast and it can be deadly if not caught in time. He needs to eat, so try to feed him away from Yoshi in the mean time until you can get two food bowls. Each pig needs 1 cup of veggies and 1/8 cup of plain pellets and unlimited hay. Good luck. Let us know how things go on.

Simply_Batman

Cavy Slave
Thank both of y'all for answering! I will, I want to make a bookcase cage for them and I'll be doing it soon. I'll have to get a small scale.
But again thank you guys for answering, like I said I want to give my piggies the best life I can and this is the first time I've had Guinea pigs

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.