Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Singing piggy!

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
So Cheeseburgers is on a bit of a vacation at my boyfriend's place. He and the bf's dad became great pals when we started dating. His mother just sent me a message saying that Cheesy had spent the day whistling! I don't know much about chirping, only that it's pretty rare. I'm so excited yo see if she can get a video of him doing it again :D

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
aw, cute! I've never seen any of my pigs chirp, I heard it once in the middle of the night but I couldn't turn on the light to see who it was and me and the pigs soon fell asleep anyways.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
How cool! Chirping is so cute. My Quinn does it, but I haven't heard it since we moved to our new house since I spend a lot of time upstairs in the evening.

cavymomma01

Cavy Slave
I have caught two of mine doing it. Both Mogwai and Gizmo will chirp. Mainly it is at night, but Mogwai did it during the day not too long ago. I haven't heard their offspring partake in the chirping though.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
At least three of mine chirp, maybe all of them. One of my trio (not sure who) has done it a few times, very quietly, in the middle of the night while someone else chatters their teeth, very quietly. Both of my younger pigs chirp as well, usually either late in the evening or early in the morning if I somehow forget to give them vegetables when they are expected. All of them stop if I turn on a light or get too close to the cage.
[video=youtube;B5bWwIdW1qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5bWwIdW1qc[/video]

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
One of my first pigs chirped, all the time. We loved the "serenades" and missed them terribly when she died. I eventually wound up with three pigs, and last night, one of them chirped for the first time! I'm so excited!

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
My Chock is a cherper
Sounds like there is a little song bird in my house when he does it
Its a beautiful sound but not at 4 a m

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.