Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Looking for recommendations for a C&C cage for a lion head bunny!

embunny

Cavy Gazer
I am looking into a C&C cage and don't know which one to go with he's only about 2 pounds now but he may grow up to 3.5 pounds.

Which size do you recommend? obviously I'd add 2 panels tall on the sides for height.
Would I be able to have the cage off the ground with cage stands?
If I got a wide loft would I have to support it because of the larger weight?

Let me know what you guys recommend for a C&C cage for a bunny!

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
I have two lion head males in separate cages. They originally had 2x4 each but being a cage addict ive been slowly adding and they now each have a 2x3 loft as well. They dont get as much playtime as they should because im so busy so I tried to go as big as possible. They do seem a lot happier with any kind of loft even if its only a 1x1 loft. Hope that helped. I think the general rule is they can hop three times for the length and lay completely out for the width, and stand completely up on their hind legs .

embunny

Cavy Gazer
I have two lion head males in separate cages. They originally had 2x4 each but being a cage addict ive been slowly adding and they now each have a 2x3 loft as well. They dont get as much playtime as they should because im so busy so I tried to go as big as possible. They do seem a lot happier with any kind of loft even if its only a 1x1 loft. Hope that helped. I think the general rule is they can hop three times for the length and lay completely out for the width, and stand completely up on their hind legs .

What did you do for height of the cage doubled it? or zip tied it so it was a panel and a half?

Did you go with the fleece bedding as well?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.