Thread: Looking for recommendations for a C&C cage for a lion head bunny!

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking for recommendations for a C&C cage for a lion head bunny!

I am looking into a C&C cage and don't know which one to go with he's only about 2 pounds now but he may grow up to 3.5 pounds.

Which size do you recommend? obviously I'd add 2 panels tall on the sides for height.
    Would I be able to have the cage off the ground with cage stands?
    If I got a wide loft would I have to support it because of the larger weight?

Let me know what you guys recommend for a C&C cage for a bunny!

Cavy Slave
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/46 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Re: Looking for recommendations for a C&C cage for a lion head bunny!

I have two lion head males in separate cages. They originally had 2x4 each but being a cage addict ive been slowly adding and they now each have a 2x3 loft as well. They dont get as much playtime as they should because im so busy so I tried to go as big as possible. They do seem a lot happier with any kind of loft even if its only a 1x1 loft. Hope that helped. I think the general rule is they can hop three times for the length and lay completely out for the width, and stand completely up on their hind legs .

Cavy Newbie
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Looking for recommendations for a C&C cage for a lion head bunny!

Quote Originally Posted by piggielover200 View Post
    I have two lion head males in separate cages. They originally had 2x4 each but being a cage addict ive been slowly adding and they now each have a 2x3 loft as well. They dont get as much playtime as they should because im so busy so I tried to go as big as possible. They do seem a lot happier with any kind of loft even if its only a 1x1 loft. Hope that helped. I think the general rule is they can hop three times for the length and lay completely out for the width, and stand completely up on their hind legs .
    What did you do for height of the cage doubled it? or zip tied it so it was a panel and a half?

Did you go with the fleece bedding as well?

User Tag List