Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Is this blood??????

jessdb

Cavy Slave
I dont know what this is, it looks like blood in urine to me but how should i be sure? How do i know which piggy it is? Do i need to go to the vet or make a change in diet? I dont know how to proceed! 20160227_090434.jpg
20160227_090432.jpg
20160227_090436.jpg
I just got them a brand new cage and put some temporary fleece in and on the yellow side saw this! It wasnt there last time i cleaned their cage so it could not have been happening long

jessdb

Cavy Slave
Also, my piggies have never been to vet and still aren't tamed completely, i dont know if the vet will know how to handle an untame piggy or have a pen, they've never even tried to bite before so i am not worries about that, but the vet is a half hour away, which would make them very skittish from the start

Nandita Jha

Cavy Gazer
my guinea pigs are bleeding while peeing. please help me with medication asap. urgent..

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
[MENTION=37302]Nandita Jha[/MENTION], you need to start your own thread for your pigs and make it their medical thread. Blood in the urine requires a vet visit -- there's no medication we can help you with.
[MENTION=37271]jessdb[/MENTION], are your pigs sows or boars? How old are they? Are those spots that color immediately after they've peed, or after they've dried?

The lighter spots look like normal dried urine -- guinea pig urine darkens as it dries, especially in younger pigs. The darker spots look more like drops of blood to me than blood in the urine. While guinea pigs sows do not normally bleed in their bi-monthly cycles, occasionally we'll see a sow that does leave a drop or two of blood.

jessdb

Cavy Slave
They're sows and one i would guess is about 2 years old and the other is about a year, the spots were dried when i found them

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.