Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Worried about these poor rats...

katkor03

Cavy Slave
We believe that we have some unexpected roommates in our condo. We've been finding droppings on the stairs and outside of doors the past week or so, and I think they're rat droppings because they are much too big for mice.

Is there a way to lure them out? I really don't want to hurt them or have to call someone who will hurt them. I'd rather catch them and keep them as pets and take them to the vet, or find a home for them.

I'm a little afraid that they might give a disease or get my piggies sick and I'm just a little worried.

I have a feeling that they aren't living in either of the rooms upstairs, and only come up the stairs exploring. Is there a place that they like to live or nest? I remember as a girl having rats in our walls and ceilings. Is there a way to have them come out if that's the case?

I'd really like NOT for any animal to be harmed. I know they're such sweet creatures.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I personally hate rats and mice. Too gross for me. But i wouldnt keep them as pets if i were you. Wild rats are known to carry a wide variety of diseases, and something could get passed to you or your pigs. Not to mention they wont be friendly. Id suggest getting a live trap and releasing them far far away from your home.

katkor03

Cavy Slave
Okay! I knew that I should be worried about my piggies. If hoped that the rats would maybe have been of the nicer sort. If that's true, then we will probably put some traps down. Thanks.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Okay! I knew that I should be worried about my piggies. If hoped that the rats would maybe have been of the nicer sort. If that's true, then we will probably put some traps down. Thanks.
Well, most wild animals arent exactly friendly, especially when put in a cage. Take my word for it, weve taken in so many injured or abandoned bunnies over the years. When theyre well enough, they want nothing more then to be free.

And you wouldnt want a diseased rat biting you. Thats bad news.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.