Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Expanding My C&C and Adding Kitchens

NDarling23

Cavy Slave
I've got some questions about expanding my cage and adding kitchens. I currently have two pigs each in their own 2x3 C&C cages. They are separated because turns out it's male and female and the female is pregnant. I'll be keeping two same sex guineas at the end of the pregnancy and I want to expand my cage to a 2x6 with two kitchens 1x2 on either end (I'll include a very roughly drawn picture to try and help explain if I'm not making sense). I've never actually had kitchens in my cages but now that I discovered fleece cage liners I'd like to give kitches try to help with clean up. I've seen people saying to use litter boxes. Are people getting them from specific places? I thought that those would be to large to fit in a grid. And tips on kitchens is appreciated. I already have two of everything (food dishes, water bottles, etc) but all other tips are welcomed (like how the heck do I build a ramp?!). My only other question is with fleece liners. I make my own and I wanted to see if people preferred just one 2x6 liner or maybe two 2x3. My pigs don't burrow (that I'm aware of) but I didn't know what would be easiest.

Sorry for for the long post! I have the tendency to write novels..

Expanding My C&C and Adding Kitchens

Sorry its sideways. Also, sorry I'm definitely no artist! Haha

Last edited:
If it's just one cage with all the pigs in it, why are you doing two kitchens? I've got three pigs in one cage with only one kitchen, and it works just fine.

This will probably sound really silly but I just like it because then it's symmetrical.

Are you planning to give each pair a 2x6 cage? Have you thought of stacking cages?

Your drawing looks just like my old cage :) It didn't last long. The loft was too small. A 2x2 kitchen works much better.
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Ramp was built like this, but the top part goes to two sides.
(broken link removed)

Each pair would have a 2x6 yes. Maybe I will just do one 2x2 kitchen then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.