Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Pregnant Guinea Pig Help

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
They were literally just born. Give them a day or two to get used to walking and stuff. :) They are adorably by the way!

NDarling23

Cavy Slave
The babies lost weight.
Baby 1: -14g
Baby 2: -9g
Baby 3: -10g
Baby 4: -11g

when do I need to start being concerned?

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
They normally lose weight the first two or three days. After that they should start consistently gaining. I wouldn't worry as long as they're all active and eating. They're beautiful, by the way.

S3xy0ldBAG

Cavy Slave
@NDarling23 I'm very curious if there were any signs that your momma pig showed before labor?
I've got a female I adopted who is pregnant and due literally any day but I'm going to pull out my hair from the wait!!
I keep watching for signs and thinking that she's about to pop but then nothing -_- grr... lol
Anyways, I'm really hoping that since you were pretty observant with your sow that you may have noticed a change in her behavior or how she was moving and what not?
I know of what to look for when she's actually in labor, but no one seems to know of what to look for leading up to it... ×_×

NDarling23

Cavy Slave
To be honest she acted completely normal. I keep thinking I saw signs and it always turned out to be nothing. Then when I finally gave up on trying to predict it she had the babies! I don't know if the video is on this thread but she did do the hiccuping motion I think the day before she went into labor. That was the only thing that changed!! I'm sorry I know this isn't all that helpful. I hope your girl has a safe delivery and healthy babies!

S3xy0ldBAG

Cavy Slave
It's all good, it seems like no one knows of any prelabor signs.. guinea pigs must be darn good at hiding them :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.