Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Piggy Vacuum on Amazon, good for picking up hair?

katkor03

Cavy Slave
Hi! I'd seen a few days ago that there was someone suggesting this vacuum on amazon that had a hair rubberized bristle on the tip of a vacuum. It was roughly 24$. Any ideas as to what it was?

I'd be fine with another brand as well! All suggestions welcome!

I just need something to reduce the amount of hair that's all over my piggie's stuff and that ends up in my washer.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I have a vacuum that sometimes I use to get poops but not hair because if I get it too close to the fleece it sucks it up. For the hair, I take the fleece outside and use a brush like this to remove as much as I can before washing. Works ok but I still get lots of hair in the washer. It's great for cleaning up hay during spot cleaning too though. I found mine in the store.
Pet Buddies PB5577 FurBeGone Dog Grooming Brush-TPR, Blue (broken link removed)

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
I think you are thinking of the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. I bought one from Amazon for about $25 and let me tell you, it is FANTASTIC!!! I use it to suck the hair off the fleece before I put it in the washing machine. It works so great for that! No more piggy fur left behind in my washer. I honestly can't believe how well it works given the low price.

Note, I would not use this to vacuum poops. I think the vac would get gross pretty quickly. I sweep up my poops with a dustpan and small broom. Then I vacuum up the fur. Also, it's not that great at sucking up hay. I try to sweep up as much loose hay as I can. Then you're left with those hay pieces that seem to velcro themselves to your fleece. This vac will not get all those out.

Overall, I highly recommend this vac! One of the best piggy-care products I've bought.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I think you are thinking of the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. I bought one from Amazon for about $25 and let me tell you, it is FANTASTIC!!! I use it to suck the hair off the fleece before I put it in the washing machine. It works so great for that! No more piggy fur left behind in my washer. I honestly can't believe how well it works given the low price.

Note, I would not use this to vacuum poops. I think the vac would get gross pretty quickly. I sweep up my poops with a dustpan and small broom. Then I vacuum up the fur. Also, it's not that great at sucking up hay. I try to sweep up as much loose hay as I can. Then you're left with those hay pieces that seem to velcro themselves to your fleece. This vac will not get all those out.

Overall, I highly recommend this vac! One of the best piggy-care products I've bought.

That sounds great! I want one now. The vacuum is use for poops is the Euroflex Monster.
Euroflex Hand Vacuum - Stick Vacuum HO58 Monster 550-watt Cyclonic Heavy-Duty (broken link removed)
I don't use any attachments and as long as none are super fresh and you empty it immediately, it doesn't get bad at all. I've had it over a year and it's like new. But it's designed differently than most. There's no where for the poops to go but the cup and I just dump them right out. But it's too powerful to put on the fleece for the hair. I have to hold it a little above so it just gets the poops and not the fleece. I'm really interested in the one you mentioned for hair. Does the fleece not get sucked up too?

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
It does not suck up my fleece because I have liners that are fleece-UHaul-fleece all sewn together. It actually does lift it up a little and I have to hold down one end of the fleece while I vacuum away from that hand. But because I have thicker liners, the fleece can't actually get sucked up inside the vacuum. So now thinking about it, if you have just one layer of fleece you want to vacuum it would probably suck it up. You'd have to hold it taut somehow.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
That makes sense. My fleece just sits on top of wood pellets so it is one layer and impossible to hold taut while vacuuming. I'm considering going back to uhaul liners with fleece so may do something sewn together or the flippers. Still deciding.

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
That makes sense. My fleece just sits on top of wood pellets so it is one layer and impossible to hold taut while vacuuming. I'm considering going back to uhaul liners with fleece so may do something sewn together or the flippers. Still deciding.

I actually did the same thing: I used to use fleece over wood pellets. Now I use my UHaul liners. The wood pellets worked well at odor control. But they were messy whenever I changed the fleece. And I found that I still had to change my fleece every 5 days or so. So I figured if I have to change it that often, I might as well do UHaul which makes less mess when changing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.