Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye to Amy

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I haven't been here in a while but wanted to share the loss of my sweet Abby Amy. I wouldn't have adopted her if it hadn't been for this website. I initially bought Mufasa at a pet store and he died shortly thereafter of a URI. Meanwhile, I learned about adoption here and found Amy on Craigslist. She was a year old back then, which would make her about 5 now. I'm not sure what happened; she was a little lethargic over the weekend, but we don't have any cavy savvy emergency vets in the area, so I planned to take her in today. Sadly, at dinner time on Sunday I found her passed away in her pigloo, so she's now in her final resting place in a peaceful spot in the yard.

Her buddy, Quinn, doesn't seem bothered at all, but they were more frenemies than anything. I'll keep an eye on her and see if she seems to want another friend. I know most piggies do, but she's always been an indifferent sort so I'll play it by ear. Quinn was an adoption too (someone dumped her at Petco, and our local store does adoptions for a donation to their charity fund, so no pet stores were enriched by her adoption).

Here's my sweet Moo Moo...rest in peace, Amy, and may you romp in green grass fields with plenty of tasty veggies all around. I'm sure Mufasa and your old friend Borat will be happy to show you around:

temp.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost her.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear about that. She looks like she was a very beautiful, sweet girl. :(

Rywen

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss, Amy was a sweet girl. RIP little Amy.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I know it was a painful loss. There is just something about Abys, isn't there? Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Amy. :love: I know that Chester and Maya were there to show you where to find the most delicious dandelion greens.

There must be something about turning 5 y.o..........Chester recently died just short of his fifth birthday. Keep an open heart and do think about finding Quinn a new cagemate.

Yes, I just saw that and posted my condolences on the thread. He seemed like such a sweet boy, and so sad for Maya to go too. We're definitely open to a buddy for Quinn if the right piggy comes along. I don't think she cares either way, so it's a good opportunity to keep an eye out for a needy piggy, particularly one that's a little older.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Just a thought, Quinn may do better with a neutered male if you can find one.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I'm sorry.

urofan

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry that Amy died.

kemmm

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. My eyes are watering up pretty badly at work and I didn't even know your sweet piggy.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Thanks, all, for the kind thoughts. That's a great idea about a neutered male. My husband did some searching on Petfinder last night, and I'm keeping an eye on Craigslist. He's the primary piggy caretaker in our house, and he really wants to get an adult close to Quinn's age (3).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.