Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Ikea Ramp

Dervly

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone

So I recently moved and so used the excuse to build my girls a new cage. I have more space so have increased the bottom level of the cage to a 2x5 (soon to be 2x6) but I am looking to rebuild the top half. Unfortunately when I moved my old ramp was damaged and I'm looking to build a new one. The old one wasn't great to begin with. I think I read on this previously about people using an ikea plastic bag holder as ramp (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80010222/). I have bought two of these but I wasn't sure how to set it up? Also two seems too long, but one seems to be too steep. Has anyone any experience using this? OR any pictures of it in use?

Thanks
Dervly

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
I agree, you could still use the bag holders as nice tunnels though.

If you really wanted to secure two together you would need to use a hacksaw or exactosaw to cut one to the proper length, (depending on your determination any shape object could work but please don't hurt yourself) then heat up the raw edge to make it smooth (aluminum foil on an electric burner will do nicely, make sure the vent is on as it will smell) then put the two sides together with some sort of resin epoxy and duct tape. Get a strip of Berber carpet for the inside of the ramp (or take home a bunch of free samples from Home Depot or lowes) and glue it/them to the bottom. Then just drill two holes in the top, zip tie, and done.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.