Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Exercise for a chubby piggy

rainbowswirl97

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig is around 5 years old now and has a 3x3 cage. She likes to sleep more than she likes to run around or be active though, which means her tummy is getting sort of chubby. When i take her out for floor time it doesn't last long because she always runs back to her cage! ( from anywhere i put her in the house on the same floor as her cage, shes figured out how to get back to it, she loves being in her cage) so how can i make her floor time longer or make her be a little more active. Is there anything toy wise that i could make for her? Also side note, it looks like shes slightly chubbier on one side than the other. Theres no way she could be pregnant and it just feels like normal tummy, and shes eating and drinking fine. Is this normal? I plan on cutting down on the amount of pellets she gets . Any tips and tricks would be appreciated! Thanks

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
cutting down on pellets should help. she may also be bloated?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How much does she weigh? And is she steadily gaining?

If she's larger on one side than the other, she could have something going on internally, like an ovarian cyst or other growth. You need to get that checked out with the vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.